Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Reflection

I must say that I was quite pleased with the voter turnout for this election. However i am pretty disappointed at how some people handled the results. I was looking at Facebook and could not help but feel somewhat disgusted at some of the things that I saw. People were bashing Obama more than ever with some going as far as to say they would leave the country and even making racial remarks towards him. It really was the most immature thing that I have seen in a very long time. I must however say that not everything I saw was bad. There were some individuals who stepped up there maturity levels and I really appreciate that they did. The most important one I saw was from a very conservative man. He said that while he is conservative and wanted McCain to win, he will support our President because it is our civil duty to do so. The remarks like this really restored some of my faith in the United States political system.

2 comments:

The Brown man said...

It was disgusting to see the reactions of the McCain supporters. The election is over and America chose Barack Obama and believes in him. We need to unite as one country, not merely a republican or democratic country, but America. I look forward to seeing how Obama will handle the many problems we face.

Student said...

I agree with you, but I also am disappointed by some of the Obama supporters as well. But I do believe that for America to get through this crisis we must unite as one nation and not let ourselves be divided by race or religious/political affiliations.